-moz-user-select:none; -webkit-user-select:none; -khtml-user-select:none; -ms-user-select:none; user-select:none;

Monday 3 February 2014

Macaulay Point Meditations



Walking alone on a cold day at Macaulay Point on a weekday is a very unique experience.  There is a haunted quality to the old ruined buildings on this old military lookout and as I walked through the almost deserted landscape beside the sea and the setting sun it felt as though I was walking the plane of another dimension. In the eerie shadow and light of the sunken pathways all kinds of thoughts floated up to the surface and then fell back down again into the murky subconscious.  I realized that I was walking paths inside my mind as my feet walked the earthly ground of this Esquimalt park. Some paths as with thoughts lead nowhere and those that are more promising are usually a struggle and take much longer.   When I looked around I saw two boys with a metal detector having fun and looking for treasures.  These days I realize I too am seeking, though something a bit less tangible than in younger days.  I can only hope that my own directional system is in sync with my soul's heart.


The Bhagavad Gita tells us "all is clouded by desire", like a mirror by dust and fire by smoke.
Similarly the bible in Corinthians says we "see through a glass darkly" .



If we can remove the veil we will be able to see clearly but why is it so hard to take that creator of illusions, our ego, out of the equation? It seems to be a life's work in progress two steps back, one step forward.


Being mindful in the moment helps. Stopping our busy minds, taking time to breathe, time to look around and be in the moment opens the heart in the same way that suffering can when we try to live life on life's terms and flow with the universe as a part of it's divinity and mystery.






Overcome space and all we have left is Here

Overcome time and all we have left is Now
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull




and by some metaphysical, universal and divine magic the heart finds respite and love is increased.  Faith, hope and love and the greatest of these is love.
Being mindful in the moment when I am out with my camera, walking in beauty,  as Thich Nhat Hahn says
I can try to walk as though my feet are kissing the earth.



No comments :

Post a Comment